It’s a rainy, cold day, and the one thing that could make it better is a cup of hot chocolate. But you want to make it in the coffee maker without ruining it, and you’re not sure if you can.
After all, hot chocolate can be thicker than traditional coffee, leaving residue in the coffee pot that leaches over into the rest of your drinks.
So, can you make hot chocolate in a coffee maker?
The good news is that you can easily make hot chocolate in just about every coffee maker available on the market.
You will have to decide how much of a chocolate flavor you want because this will dictate how many packets you use to make a pot of hot chocolate. There are also hot chocolate pods if you have a Keurig.
If you want to know how to make delicious hot chocolate in a coffee maker safely, this is for you. We’re going to outline several ways and give you tips below.
How to Make Hot Chocolate in a Coffee Maker
It’s only a few simple steps for you to be able to make a potful of hot chocolate using water.
- Fill the coffee maker with water the same way you would for a traditional pot of coffee.
- Open your hot chocolate packets and empty them into the coffee carafe on your coffee maker. If you have five cups of water, you’ll need three to four packets of hot chocolate mix.
- Add your favorite sweetener if you don’t prefer it to be sugarless. If you do, you can skip this step.
- Switch your coffee maker on and let it run.
- When the mixture boils, you want to ensure that all of the powder dissolves.
- Serve it with your favorite snacks.
One of the best things about making hot chocolate in your coffee maker is that it works well in almost any type of coffee maker without damaging it.
It can also keep your hot chocolate warm until you’re ready to drink it.
Making Hot Chocolate in a Bean to Cup Coffee Maker
If you have this coffee maker, you may wonder if you can make hot chocolate in it without ruining it.
Luckily for you, the answer is yes, you can make hot chocolate in this coffee maker, and you get two options.
- If your coffee maker has a milk frother, you want to steam a cup of milk to around halfway and add a packet or two of your hot chocolate mix. Stir your mixture and add some boiling water to dilute it to give you the creamiest hot chocolate you can get.
- The second option you have is to mix the hot chocolate powder and add them into hot water from the water spout. This is a nice option for people who don’t want dairy products or have lactose intolerance.
Hot to Make Hot Chocolate in a Coffee Vendor Machine
One of the easiest ways to make hot chocolate is using a coffee maker. Some coffee makers come with a designated canister for making chocolate.
You could also have an empty canister that you fill with your favorite hot chocolate flavoring before adding the water and being on your way to having a steamy cup of creamy hot chocolate.
Tips for Making Hot Chocolate in a Coffee Maker
Mixing hot chocolate and coffee or some milk into your drink is possible too. There are a few tricks you can follow to make these drinks, and we’ll outline them for you below.
Coffee and Hot Chocolate
Adding hot chocolate to your coffee is the easiest way to make a mocha-flavored drink right at home. All you have to do is make a cup of coffee and stir in a packet of hot chocolate.
You can also make the coffee and hot chocolate separately before mixing them. Make the hot chocolate and pour it into your coffee to give yourself more control over how strong the chocolate flavor is.
Adding Milk to the Coffee Maker
You may have considered boiling milk in your coffee maker a time or two, especially since boiled milk is one way to make hot chocolate that has a richer flavor to it.
However, you don’t want to put milk into your coffee maker because trying to boil milk in the coffee machine can cause damage.
Milk contains proteins, and these proteins will turn crusty when you boil them in your coffeemaker. It’ll also stain the coffee maker if you don’t wash it correctly after you attempt to boil milk in it.
If you want to make milk coffee, you can boil a small amount of water, mix your coffee powder in the cup, and pour in the milk. This will help you avoid the bitter taste.
How to Make Hot Chocolate in a Coffee Urn
It can be a little tricky to try and make hot chocolate in a coffee urn, and there is work attached to it. We suggest avoiding it, but if you’re set on trying it, you can:
- Put your water into the coffee urn after the perk cycle finishes.
- Stir the coffee powder in.
- Stir the hot chocolate powder to your taste.
- Don’t put the steel rod or basket back into the coffee urn. Also, don’t put marshmallows in it.
Now you have to clean the machine to ensure you don’t cause damage to it. However, it’s relatively easy as all you’ll have to do is fill the urn with cold water and scrub it out as soon as you finish making your hot chocolate.
Run a quart of cold water through the urn’s spigot, and scrub the little place in the bottom where the urn’s steel rod goes.
Never leave it until the morning because this will allow the chocolate to dry and stick to the urn.
Frequently Asked Questions
It’s common to have a few questions before you attempt to make your hot chocolate in your coffee machine, and we’ve rounded up the most common ones here.
1. Is it possible to make hot chocolate using water?
Yes, you can make hot chocolate with water. You’ll get a richer taste if you use boiled milk instead of water, though.
2. What is a quality hot chocolate machine?
The Secura Detachable Milk Frother has a reasonable price while being a high-quality product that can easily last for years.
3. What can you use to make hot chocolate if you don’t have any packets?
The best possible alternative you can use instead of the packets is unsweetened chocolate. For every three tablespoons of cocoa powder, you’d use an ounce of unsweetened chocolate.
4. Is it possible to make hot chocolate using a Ninja coffee bar?
You can make hot chocolate in this machine, but it’s slightly more time-consuming and tricky to pull off.
Now you know that it’s possible to make hot chocolate using a traditional coffee maker, as long as you make sure to clean it well and avoid using milk. You can now have hot chocolate any time when a craving strikes all year round.